Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Sometimes it's the little things...


My dad emailed today asking a question about Excel that seems simple, but it's one of those little things that can drive you crazy. If you've hidden a column in an Excel chart, where's the tool that enables you to unhide it? How can you select it once it's gone? What do you do to get it back?

I knew this one because once upon a time I went searching for the same solution in a panic after I'd hidden a couple of vitally important columns in a spreadsheet. I was rushing to meet a deadline and couldn't remember how to get the columns back. Just in case you ever experience that same kind of mind-blanking adrenalin rush, here are the steps:


Simple, but important. The line between visible and invisible is very thin. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]