Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Almost but not quite


Moving files from one computer to another, especially when you have several versions of beta software and one tried-and-true version of Office 2003, is a bit of a challenge. I tried opening a Word 2007 file in Word 2003 and got a message that I needed to download the converter in order to open the file. I'm not sure what caused the problem (yet), but even after I downloaded the converter, Word 2003 was still unable to open the Word 2007 file. Stay tuned...I'll do some research and see what the hangup is. But in the meantime, if you're working with the Word 2007 beta, just to be safe, use Save As to save the file in the Word 97-2003 format.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]