Saturday, September 17, 2005

 
GET THE SCOOP ON OFFICE 12

Well, now it looks like I'm really going to have to rename this blog because we're heading into another Microsoft Office release--this one (in my anticipated view), the best we've seen in our digital lifetimes. Wait till you see some of the features in this new release! Even though the program isn't available in beta yet, many of the details were unveiled in the Professional Developer's Conference (a sold-out show) in Los Angeles last week. Here's a link to what bloggers were/are saying from and about PDC.

I know you may be tempted to groan and say, "Oh no--not more commands to learn!" but this new Office is something very different--a creative user-oriented redesign. The program is being reborn so that it will work the way we do. The days of hunting for that one underused command tucked away in some double-secret submenu of a dialox box are over. Now we'll have a nearly intuitive UI that will offer us just the commands we need based on the context of what we're trying to do. Seamless software. That's what I'm hoping for.

I will be working with this new program over the coming months (I'm so psyched!) and will report back what I can (I'm under NDA so I can't go too far). But in the meantime, check out what they're saying about what's coming in Office 12. IMO, this version is really something to get excited about.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]