Monday, March 24, 2003

 

Thanks! and News


Thanks to all of you who took the time to share your thoughts about instant messaging and other forms of communication. Your perspectives were very interesting, and we all seem to be pretty much in sync. As one writer said, "You can't stop progress," but we can--and are, and must--learn how to manage the technology so that it doesn't manage us! :)

I have a bit of news I'm excited to tell you. I've been under NDA for many months and couldn't discuss the book I was writing, but now it's available on amazon so Alex at Microsoft Press said I could spread the word. Since early December, I've been working with the Office 2003 beta and writing a "First Look" book on the newest edition of Office 2003. I've been so psyched and haven't been able to tell anybody! This was a great (and challenging) experience for me as a writer...I began working with beta 1 as soon as it was available, and many people at Microsoft on the various teams took time to answer questions, provide resources, and give me access to inside information to help us get the book done in time for the beta 2 release. So now First Look Microsoft Office 2003 is out, a book on Office 2003 that describes the new and enhanced features (love them!) and gives ideas for the ways businesses, individuals, and developers might make the most of the new offerings.

I won't clog up your Inbox now with an editorial about all the new happenings in Office 2003, but over the next few days I'll write an overview of some of my favorite new features. In the meantime, if you want to check out the book, you can find it at amazon.com by clicking here. Happy Spring! :) k

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]