Friday, November 01, 2002

 

Here You Go, Dad

My dad is a talented RPG programmer who designed and supported complicated database systems for U.S. courts, but he seems baffled by the mysterious email receipts he receives in response to every email he sends. (I must admit that for a while I, too, wondered why he wanted confirmation that I was reading his emails!) As I was setting up my new laptop, however, I discovered that my own email was set up by default to ask for receipts. Here's how to turn that feature off if you don't want the rest of the world to think you're being pushy: In Outlook, open the Tools menu and choose Options. In the Preferences tab, click the E-mail Options button; then click the Tracking Options button. In the middle of the Tracking Options dialog box, clear the Read receipt and/or Delivery receipt checkboxes; then click OK three times to back out of the open dialog boxes. Now your emails should be delivered without all the fanfare. Nice and quiet. :) Have a good weekend, everyone! :) k

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]