Friday, August 23, 2002

 
If you're scared to play around with Access, don't be. I had to create an invoice/shipping document yesterday on the fly and started to create it in Excel; and then realized that I needed a complete sales system for my small publishing company (Homeward Bound Publishing) anyway. So I fired up Access and used the wizard (I chose General Templates from the New File task pane; then clicked the Database tab and selected the Order Entry database wizard) to create the database complete with tables, and (no kidding) within 15 minutes I had an invoice complete with shipping information, selectable fields for various products, customer data, and more. Piece o'cake. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]